Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Difficult choice of 'simple'


I keep thinking deeper and deeper for the last few days about writing in a very simple book on Meditation, so that people could read and understand it easily. The book should not contain much jargon. Last night, my sub-consciousness asked me:

"Hey guy! 'simple' is good indeed; but what do you choose between 'radio' and 'vidhiu'?"

Of course, it is a difficult choice of 'simple', since many Khmers understand 'radio' better than 'vidhiu' officially known it as their own language. What should be my book? There will be an impasse at some points, anyway - I cannot avoid all of it, at least for a simple reason that there will be a variety of readers - variety of ideas. Many critics will definitely come after I release it.

My resolution to the impasse are the followings:
  1. be aware of the critics that will come, accept it;
  2. take advantage of the critics to improve my writing;
  3. open dialogue through this Blog as a means of communication with the audience;
  4. Collect the questions and answers, then put in a 'Q&A', for people who search for answer.

I feel proud that I am PRO-ACTIVE! I thank my sub-consciousness for reminding me.

Then, a voice comes from nowhere: WWWHHHEEERRREE YOOUUR BOOOOOK?

-- Ooop, no book yet, sorry! I have just completed the map of the book, I didn't write anything yet.

As a PRO-ACTIVE man, I quickly think of the question that may come 'what is your resolution?'

--Sorry, no appropriate answer to it. I have only promise. I will do it!!!. So my resolution is limited to promise. Who can believe in promise? - uncertain, really uncertain. Many lovers fall apart, though at the beginning they promise for eternal love.

Finally I have to close my eyes and my ears, so that my sub-consciousness would not make me embarrassing again. I bend my head, lower my pride as a less PRO-ACTIVE man, though I keep promising. I hope I can escape from the trouble by the way -- at least for some moments.

No comments: