Friday, May 4, 2007

Ta Pen run away from his Samadhi hut

A friend of mine whispered to me that something wrong with Ta Pen while he passed by. I became curious, since similar news was spread secretly in the pagoda in recent days. Actually, now it sounded fine or at least thing had been fixed since Grandpa come to his hut at the pagoda normally.

Two or three days ago, people said that Grandpa left the hut and go home in the mid-night. He must have problem in his stay in or his work at the hut. It was unclear whether it was the health problem or the problem with his Dhamma practice . Next day, I learnt that his son had accompanied him back to the pagoda. When I saw him that day, he looked healthy as usual, but there were signs of worrisome or sadness on his face.

After his son left, he went to meet with the chief of old people called 'Achar'. After a long discussion, he continued to meet with the Chief of monks 'Lok Kru'. Achar and Lok Kru were the two important persons for him. Grandpa meet them more often in the following days, either in the evening or in the morning. Then, everything looked fine and Grandpa continued his practice normally. However, the words 'Ta Pen run away from Samadhi hut' were spread secretly with growing intensity among young monks and the pagoda boys. I asked a friend of mine whether it was the ghost as generally belived as happened in the pagoda. 'No,' he said, 'Grandpa saw something scary when he started 'Thveu Thor' for the first time. I understood that it must be the problem with Samadhi.

Though it was unclear what was happened, I retain in my memory of something very scary. I knew that Ta Pen is very mature and senior, since he cannot resisted from that fear, it must be something serious. This incident spread great fear to me of the unknown problems.

No comments: